Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Life Update

I have been terrible at updating my blog - Life has been so busy! I am just going to do a quick run through of some of changes in our life the last few months. It feels like life is finally slowing down a little, and we are definitely enjoying summer!

Since I last blogged, my Grandma (my dad’s mom) passed away on April 20th. She was truly an amazing lady, and I am so thankful for her life. She made each of us feel so special, even though she had 14 children and 43 grandchildren and many great grandchildren. She was coherent to the end and passed away peacefully with 9 of her 14 children by her side. She was quite a lady and is missed

Easter was wonderful, and Mother’s Day was special. I am so thankful to be a mommy to 2 amazing little girls. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. They truly are gifts from God.

My last day of work for UNMC Physicians was the last Friday in May. I worked there for 5 years. For the past 3 ½ years (since Delaney was born) I have only worked 1 day a week. I am grateful for my time year but excited to move on.

I now work at a Crisis Pregnancy Center and LOVE it! I feel so incredibly blessed to have this job. I will only be working 2 days per week. It’s like a dream job to me. The people have been great, and I love what I do!

Anyone who knows me knows that dance is extra busy from about April through recital. We had recital on May 22nd. It seems that every extra moment of the day is spent doing one thing or another related to dance, during this time. It is so busy, and I felt like I was constantly shuffling the girls around. Delaney definitely improved from rehearsal (she picked her nose in one of her dances for quite a while – in a video on my facebook). All the dancers did great, and it’s always a lot of fun!

Grant also transferred work to another store and it opened at the end of May. I don’t think I saw my husband for almost a week straight, with me being tied up with recital weekend and then the new store opening this week – it was crazy. Another change...Grant is going to be starting a new job at the end of July. We are really excited about this b/c he will be working fewer hours than he is now and will be working Mon.-Fri. days. His schedule this past year has been so erratic and he has worked so much, but he has loved his job.

My sister came in town for recital and was here throughout the week. It was so good to see her. I miss her so much, and it was so fun to see her growing belly and to feel baby Josiah kick. I really miss having her in town. It’s always so hard to say good-bye.

Speaking of good-byes… my wonderful brother and sister-in-law, Emily moved to CA. I am so happy that they get this opportunity to go to a ministry school there, but we miss them so much! Also, they recently found out that they are expecting a baby in February! We are very excited to have another sweet baby in the family!

Fourth of July was a great day! I am so thankful to live in America! The girls had so much fun, and they love fireworks! They also love to catch lightning bugs. Delaney caught a few and said, “I am SO excited! I didn’t squish them!” Delaney is a really good bug catcher (or killer)..and loves to smash flies with her hands, haha! They had lots of fun times with their cousins!

 Life is good. We are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you updated your blog! sometimes it is hard to keep at it but I keep telling myself I will be glad down the road :) Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete