Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dentist/Adventureland

Yesterday, Delaney went to the dentist for the first time. When I first told her she was going a couple of weeks ago, she was a little scared. I totally hyped it up and made it sound so fun. Who doesn't love going to the dentist? :) So when it was time to go she was really excited :) On the way there in the car, she said confidently, "mommy, you don't have to go with me." I said, "ok." Well when the time came for her to go back there, she really wanted me to come. I stood in the doorway, while she sat in the chair. Her eyes were huge, and her bottom lip with sticking out and she was fighting the tears but trying so hard to be brave. Then, she gave me a thumbs up sign and I gave one back to her. She just looked too cute! For about the first 5 minutes, I thought she would start crying. I just kept saying, "you are doing such a good job, isn't this fun!" The hygenist was really good and Delaney warmed up quickly. They were able to do everything. When the dentist came in and asked her to open her mouth, she opened it up as big as she could and said, "AAAHHHH." She was so funny. They said her teeth looked great!

Last Monday, my parents, the girls, and I went to Adventureland. We had a really good time. They were so excited and had such a blast. Delaney and I went on the log ride together. We went on a couple of spinning rides, but my mom and I always feel terrible after them and my dad can't do them, but Delaney kept wanting to go on them...I told her next time her dad would go on them with her (come to find out he gets sick on spinning rides too). It was a pretty cool day (in the 70s most of the day), but the water park is included, so we went for a little bit in the evening b/c my girls love to swim. We went on the lazy river a couple times and they went down a few slides.

A couple of funny stories (these might be the kind of stories where you had to be there - but I want to remember them): My mom took Averey to the car ride. There are police cars, firetrucks, motorcycles, etc that just go around. Well, my mom thought Averey might try to climb out, so she thought she would ride with her. As my mom was trying to climb into a little firetruck, haha, the lady came and told her she was too big to ride on this ride - it's just for kids. My mom was so funny when she was telling me. The firetruck was really little, and she said she was having trouble getting in. The lady said she would stop the ride, if Averey was trying to stand up or do something she shouldn't. Ahhh, such a funny mental picture.

A few of the rides say if the child is under 36 inches, then they need an adult to ride with them. Well, I don't think they enforce this if the child is close to this height, but I didn't know. Averey is around 34-35 inches. So there was a ride where all these semi trucks or something like that were attached and went around a track in circles. This was one of those rides, where they said a parent needs to ride on the sign. So I told my mom, I will ride with her and my mom said well I will go too (I guess my mom was bound and determine to get on those kiddie rides :))Well, Delaney gets in the front and Averey climbs in next to her and then you shut the door (they are completely enclosed). So my mom and I climb up behind them (not even next to them, and they can't see us and we can't see them - it was very unnecessary for us to go on this ride), and we sit side by side in two seats meant for 3 year old. The older guy regulating the ride, kept making jokes like you two behave and was kind of making fun of us. All of these parents are standing behind the rope as the ride keeps going around the track. My mom and I kept laughing because I am sure we looked absolutely ridiculous, and the ride seemed to never end, haha!

Stories about the girls:

Delaney is always saying, "yesterday, I went to the zoo...mom, remember when we went to the museum, yesterday" Anything she has ever done was done "yesterday" :)

Delaney is also really into making up extremely long songs about many different topics combined into one song. It's funny.

Tonight at dinner, Delaney wanted to pray (normally when she prays she just names off every person or animal she knows and it gets really long). This is how she started tonight, "Lord Jesus, Thank you for blessings and Juju's cats - squirt and jasmine....etc. (then she went into naming people)" It was so precious how she said it, but it was so funny. Those 2 cats get lots of prayer :)

Averey is really into wearing dresses (several in one day). After she has one on for a while, she rips it off and says I don't like it, I want that one. She always is wearing necklaces, bracelets, and wants bows in her hair. She also has been carrying around her purse, and she packed it herself with 2 pairs of sunglasses, 2 cell phones, a magnifying glass, and jewelry.

Averey also randomly says, "Mommy, I like your eyebrows", "I like your shirt", "I like your hair". She is always complimenting me or others. She is transitioning from a baby to a little girl more each day.

If you mention, nap, sleep, bedtime, pajamas, or anything in that category - Averey goes hysterical - completely freaks out. So I have been trying to use code words such as rest or we got to get all ready so I can tell you a story in your room. It doesn't work all that well, so hopefully it's just a phase.

Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment