Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessed

I know I say how blessed I feel and how thankful I am a lot, but I always want to feel that way no matter what. I am so grateful for the Lord, my awesome family and friends, our health, our jobs, and so many other things. Sometimes I just get into a hot shower and thank the Lord for hot, running water. I know in so many parts of the world that is not even a possibility. I lay in bed at night and think "thank you Lord for this bed." I am grateful that I don't have to sleep on cement or only a blanket. I am so thankful for heat and for air conditioning, where it is so easy to take for granted but maybe considered by some as a luxury. I am thankful for a roof over our head, for a running car, for clothing, and food. I could go on and on, but I will leave it at that :) I just don't want to take what I have for granted, as it is so easy to do.

Today was a great day. The girls played so good together. They were both so sweet and loving to each other and made each other laugh a lot. Some days this is not the case. It always makes me happy, when they are so kind and loving to each other. One game they were playing together was "dog". They had an old piece of cloth that they were using as a leash. It was cute. Delaney was talking about her dog aka Averey. Both of them are always trying to lick me though or others. I feel like I am always saying, "You can't lick me. Please, don't lick mommy's face." (something along those lines). They love pretending they are animals.

I teach dance a couple of times a week and have for a LONG time. I love it. Tonight was a good night. We are in recital gear, getting ready for the recital in May. Love all our dance girls :)

On the way home from picking up the girls tonight, Delaney said, "I don't like rats (she really doesn't like them and talks about that frequently - I think she got scared of the rat on Lady and the Tramp), or beetle bugs, or hyenas." Averey then started to whine, "I scared of hyenas." Then Delaney said back to hear, "Jesus will protect you." Awww :)

Yesterday, Delaney said, "Mom, Do you know bees live in behinds?"

Delaney got to go with Grant yesterday to get "Tangled", and she was telling Averey that you can't go because you're little and Averey said in her cute, angry tone, "I'm not little, I'm a BABY!" Hahaha! Aves still likes to be a baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment