Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home Videos/Stories of Girls

A few times this last week, I took a little time and looked at home videos and photos of the last 3 years. It was so fun seeing the girls as babies and toddlers. They were/are so cute! I know I am biased but pure cuteness! I just love them! I am going to try and post some videos on facebook. Special, wonderful times…I am so happy to have. Well anyways, after looking at the pictures and seeing myself pregnant...I didn't quite have that same feeling of cuteness, haha! Oh my goodness, I don’t remember feeling THAT big. Whoever told me I was cute pregnant, I am pretty sure was lying to me :) I won’t call you out :) After seeing myself, I definitely want to lose weight before getting pregnant again. I haven’t yet decided my plan of how b/c I am lacking some motivation, but I want to at least try to avoid being that gigantic, haha! It was all worth it though! I cared very little about my weight gain, when I was pregnant. I just wanted healthy babies and am so thankful for that every day. And I ended up losing all the weight I gained after Averey without really having to try (Breastfeeding really helped and I was on the MSPI diet b/c she had tummy problems, so that helped even more). My husband said he will help me lose weight (he doesn’t care if I do, but I said I want to lose weight before we have another baby and he really wants another baby), so he made me weigh myself in front of him (I was resisting that at first).  I am not sure how he plans on helping me, but I appreciate the offer.

Funny stories: So if you read my last blog about Averey hurting her cheek at Wal-Mart, these kind of go with them. Delaney said out of the blue, “Mommy, I am sorry I attacked Averey.” For some reason, this cracked me up with the use of the word “attack”. Delaney was also confusing the word tackled with giggled. She was saying, “I giggled Averey”, when telling Grant about it she said it is very bad to giggle her sister. It was so funny b/c she was so serious.

In one of our books there is a male giraffe, and Delaney pointed to the boy part and said, “Mommy, what is this?” I was like, “Uh…”(trying to think how I wanted to word it), then Delaney said, “Tell me mommy.” I said, “it is a boy pee pee.” And she said, “No mom, it’s poop.” Then Averey was like looking really close at it and said, “Eww, that’s poop.”

I had a pimple on my face, and the girls were very concerned about my “owie”, well I used a little concealer on it, and Delaney said, “Did you take some medicine to make your owie go away?” Something like that.

Basically every toy commercial, the girls are like, “mommy! I want that for my birthday!” Delaney was doing this the day after her birthday, and her aunt Emily was like who wants to break the news that it is a year away. :) Averey is doing it too, and she just had hers.

Averey is SO dramatic. She says in a really sweet, whiney voice, “I sick” or “I have an owie” or “I have a fever” or “I need medicine”. The list goes on and on. She is also a huge fit thrower and/or pouter. For example if Delaney presses the elevator button first, she throws a fit or if Delaney does anything first before Averey does, she gets really upset.

Averey sings a lot now. She was singing, “How does she KNOWWW…you love her” (from the movie enchanted) over and over, very loudly. Her grandma said, she was singing it very loud in the store :)

Delaney made up a very interesting song about her friend, Jesus tonight. It was hysterical.

The girls get so excited to see me after I get off work. Love it every time. Tonight, Averey runs to me and says, “Mommy (in the cutest, most endearing tone), I love you (while giving me hugs).”  Aww, melts me every time. She also loves to plays with my face (a lot). Delaney also gets really happy to see me and gives me lots of love too. I love their sweet hugs and kisses and I love yous! I will never get tired of those sweet moments! I feel my girls are blessings straight from the Lord’s heart. How blessed and truly thankful I am!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful memories. You are going to be SO glad you wrote about them. And for the record you WERE SO a cute preggo girl! I never thought you looked huge-silly girl. Nonetheless, you can do it! You will be healthier next time around :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete